COVID-19 Guidelines and Considerations
Guidelines for Fall 2021
The below guidelines are to be followed for all OVSL participants and spectators. These guidelines are tailored after Warren Local School District’s “Safe Return” Standards. These guidelines are subject to change in accordance with any future guidance from the CDC, Ohio Health Department, or the Washington County Health Department
- Players and coaches should self-asses for symptoms of COVID-19 before each practice and game; any participant who experiences symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home
- Face coverings are recommended for unvaccinated spectators when social distancing cannot be maintained
- Players may not share gear or water— this includes goalkeeper jerseys and gloves
- Participants and spectators are discouraged from congregating before or after games; this includes pregame huddles and post-game handshakes
- Participants and spectators are encouraged to keep a six-feet social distance while not actively participating in competitive play or practice
- Coaches are encouraged to incorporate more drills that focus on individual skills to reduce the need for full contact practice drills
- Coaches must review CDC’s Video “Youth Sports: Tips to Protect Players from COVID-19“
- Exposed individuals must follow the Self-quarantine and isolation policies in-place at Warren Local School District.
- Any teams traveling to other recreational league facilities must follow the host organizations policies, even if those policies conflict with OVSL guidelines above.