First, Thank You for Coaching!
Without you, the league couldn’t function. Volunteer coaches play an important part of our kids’ social development. Thank you for giving us your time! Below you will find info on certifications necessary for OVSL coaches and Coach information PDFs for each age group.
Below is a list of necessary items for all OVSL head and assistant coaches to complete.
- Concussion Education: CDC Heads Up Training Course, www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html
This “course” from the CDC will require you to create an account, watch a video and answer simple questions to confirm your understanding of the material presented. Please print or email your certificate to your OVSL Age Coordinator upon completion.
- Lynsay’s Law, Cardiac Arrest Education
a. Watch video: youtu.be/h3teQ3e_hoQ
b. Read PDF: usys-assets.ae-admin.com/assets/956/15/Coach-Info%20handout.pdf
- Coaches must review CDC’s Video “Youth Sports: Tips to Protect Players from COVID-19″
Coach Guides and Practice Plans
Below is a Coach Guide for each age group in OVSL. These PDFs include age group-specific rules, general coaching philosophies, and a practice plan written by Andy Pinkerton, Head Coach Warren High School Girls Soccer.
- U4 Coaches Guide PDF: u4_handout_2018_fall.pdf
- U6 Coaches Guide PDF: u6_handout_2018_fall.pdf
- U8 Coaches Guide PDF: u8_handout_2018_fall.pdf
- U10 Coaches Guide PDF: u10_handout_2018_fall.pdf
- U12 Coaches Guide PDF: u12_handout_2018_fall.pdf
- U15 Coaches Guide PDF: u15_handout_2018_fall.pdf